Thursday, June 02, 2011

Happy Anniversary - to My Wife!

10 Reasons I love you More Today than Five Years Ago

Leeann, Happy Anniversary! Five years have passed since we married on the beach on that breezy Saturday afternoon. I loved you then, I love you now. Every day I love you more and these are just a few reasons:
Our friendship is stronger than it was when we met. We have endured hardship and happiness, sorrow and joy. Each trial of emotion has brought us closer together. I love you more because I know for certain you are my best friend.

I feel safe sharing everything with you. You do not judge me, make me feel inadequate, or criticize me. I share crazy thoughts and ideas with you. Together we talk and grow closer. I love you more because I know I am safe with you.

You love my children (your stepchildren) like they’re own. Marrying a man with three children could be scary, but you jumped right in. Not only did you tell me you would never become between my children and me, but you have worked hard to bring us closer together. I love you more because you treat them like they are your kids, we love you together.

We have James – you are an incredible Mom. Parenting is hard, parenting is a challenge, and parenting James is joyful. Every day you are a great Mom and I learn from you, learn to be a better parent. I love you more because you are an incredible Mother.

I understand you are passionate, compassionate, and caring. You do everything the best you can, with passion. You see a side to people I miss and bring out the best in me with your compassion. I know you care about what you do, what I do, and our family. I love you more because you have compassion.

You put all of us (Haley, Marcela, Jack, James, and me) first, and we know it. You always think of adventures, trips, fun, and what we can do to make memories, eat pasta, and love each other together. I love you more because we know you put us first.

You challenge me to be better. You challenge yourself to be better. Challenges bring out the best in all of us and you know pushing both of us will take us to a better place. I love you more because you challenge us both.

We have dates on the couch – dinner, a movie, snuggled. That is our family. My favorite time is on the couch with you, watching a movie, under the brown blanket running our toes together. I love you more because we have found our happiness.

You seek the adventure of travel. You told me when we married you wanted to travel, and travel we have. In five years we have been out of the country (Mexico, Bahamas, France, Italy, Puerto Rico), we have bought an RV and traveled the country, we have taken weekend trips to the beach, Charleston, Hilton Head, scalloping, and many others. I love you more because you push me to travel and I love the adventures we take.

I have watched you grow and become more confident, more successful, and more beautiful. You are aging beautifully. I love watching you in school, love your confidence from learning, love watching you learn about yourself. You are pretty, beautiful, and gorgeous. I love you more because you are amazing and beautiful.

Five years is just the start of many on a life long journey together. We chose each other, and we choose to be with each other. Together we will grow and be best friends for ever. I love you more today, than five years ago because I know you more.

I can’t wait for another five years! I love you LeeAnn.

No comments: