Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Fuel Automation is the Future

As I work late tonight I am building an interface from Veeder-Roots EMR3 electronic meter registers directly to FBO Manager. We have been doing this type of data transfer for nearly 5 years. The first successful deployment was at Avitat Westchester (HPN) in 2000. We used the Contrec-USA system and then built subsequent hooks for Fuel Master's system.

Once again, we are blindly moving forward to develop an interface. I do not know what motivates us as we operate in an industry that is slow to adopt technology. After 5 years, barely a handful of FBOs in the world automate their fuelings. Instead, reliance on pen and paper prevails!

I am constantly looking for systems automation. When I worked in a chemical plant 15 years ago almost everything was automated. Why - because people make mistakes.

No comments: